Zum Inhalt der Seite

Einzelposting: Phantom: Love Never Dies

Links hierher: http://www.animexx.de/forum/thread_264264/-1/13155639823490/
http://desu.de/y7kzhEQ

Von:    Chepseh 09.09.2011 12:26
Betreff: Phantom: Love Never Dies [Antworten]

Nach etwa eineinhalb Jahren ist es erstmal auch schon wieder vorbei mit LND in London - dafür wurde aktuell in Australien eine Inszenierung auf die Beine gebracht. Mit den USA klappte es vorläufig noch nicht, sehr wahrscheinlich weil die London-Kritiken zu dem Stück nicht besonders positiv waren. Ob das Musical je nach Deutschland kommt ... hmmm. Bisher war davon meines Wissens noch absolut nichts zu hören, aber man soll ja nie nie sagen.

April hatte ich einen kleinen London Urlaub, und dabei die Chance LND noch zu sehen. Mein erster Eindruck, trotz all dem Gemecker das ich im Voraus darüber hörte: Musik generell sehr sympathisch (ja, sogar das quietischige "Bathing Beauty" mochte ich!), Design und Bühnenbilder toll, Schauspieler toll - Story ... ... hmm. Darüber könnt ich einen kleinen Essay schreiben, ganz kurz gesagt hatte die Story für mich sehr sehr gute *Momente*, insgesamt ließ sie aber leider einen etwas seltsamen, teils unschön uneindeutigen Geschmack zurück. Auf Englisch hab ich das auf imdb mal ein bisschen näher versucht zu umschreiben; wer's lesen will:

Had the chance to see it in April, so after the changes were made. Surprisingly loved the music (*yes*, even the squeaky BB), loved costumes, designs and settings (though I dislike this increasing trend of using film clips on mobile screens in musicals ... nag nag :/), also very good actors. I dare say the actors were on the brick on being overqualified for the story, because the story ... hmglbnraaagh.
It has it's moments.
And I miiiight bring myself to kinda somehow anyhow appreciate the story when I see it through the eyes of my own interpretation. For me, the themes love and romance were topics of LND, but only "on the surface". The characters swoon and sigh and hope for love, but their real lifes are mainly filled with disappointments, dysfunction, malice and general social failure. Yes, grim. Pretty close to the real real life...? In my eyes the main motive was "(How) can you still find at least a little love and joy even though you messed up your life and/or let others mess it up?"
But ... I've got the feeling I'm overinterpreting, and the show doesn't want to be that deep actually. Or does it? P.e. it seemed to me they really wanted us to root for Erik x Christine, to just go for their romance. But I couldn't, not with the cheap fanfiction-ish uglification of Raoul and not with the characterisations for Chris and Erik. Especially Erik! He loves to sing about his undying devotion and stuff, but then being with Christine he falls hopelessly back into his do-this-do-that-or-feel-my-wraaaaath routine. He even chokes her at one point. Jerk. Shouldn' he have learned something from the end of PotO...?

Zurück zum Thread